Continuing the thoughts that kasami brought up, I also think it would be difficult to come up with enough unique stories for a series of books for an 80's doll. As a history buff who's particularly interested in recent history... politically, socially, and economically speaking, the 80's, 90's, and arguably the "00's" are very similar to one another. Politics have virtually been the same since Reagan, social issues/strife have been relatively few compared to other periods in U.S. history, and the 80s and 90s were characterized by relatively stable economic conditions. In other words... there's very little to distinguish the 80s from the 90s, and both are too recent to judge what kind of impact those decades will have on the future of America. However... to make a fun little prediction... I think 20 or 30 years from now a "00's" or "Milennium" doll would certainly be interesting. with technology infiltrating every facet of life like never before (laptops, ipods, dvd players all are commonplace in homes), political issues being prominent (9/11, Iraq), etc., I think the era we're living in now could be a very intriguing doll a few decades down the road. [img]wink.gif[/img]
